509th PIB pocket or sleeve/cuff patch?

Longhorn92

I’m helping a friend ID this. It measures 3.25” tall and 2.5” wide. 

Is it a smaller size pocket patch or the cuff/sleeve version? 

Either way it’s a beauty and may soon be liquidated along with a few others.

Thanks.

I can’t get the pics straight for some reason. If someone can fix that I’d appreciate it.

This patch is a gorgeous example and assuming that it is soon going on the market, I am sure that it will be acquired by a discriminating collector in short order.

You are correct that the patch is a bit smaller than a standard pocket patch and it was most likely made to be worn on the shoulder rather than on the pocket. It is approximately twice as large as the beret patch. It is undoubtedly Italian made and a wartime original.

Thank you for sharing it with the group.

Allan

That is one I sold several years ago and I have seen that size worn on the Cuffs and the Shoulders.As others have said it is a classic.

Brian Dentino
6 hours ago, Bill Scott said:

That is one I sold several years ago and I have seen that size worn on the Cuffs and the Shoulders.As others have said it is a classic.

Well there is a shocker that you once owned and then sold this beauty Scotty!!!!  Are there many out there you haven't had/have in your collection at one time or another?:-)

ha!

I might add this is a BEAUTIFUL patch and one that would be a center piece of any AB patch collection for sure.