Patched up U.S. Army digital camo (helmet?) bag, civilian made...

viking73

Hi Gents,

Hope everyone here in the US had a nice Thanksgiving despite the COVID...

I picked up this bag at an antique store last weekend.  I was intrigued by all the patches attached to it, despite being a civilian made item...   It is soiled and used for sure, not sure if you can tell from the photos.  The previous owner's name is on it, and I guess all the patches are units he worked with?   I guess it's hard to tell which might have been his unit...  Or do you think this might just be some souvenir piece?

I was interested enough to buy it and take it home, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on it.

Thanks,

-Derek

IMG_8192-CROP.jpg

IMG_8195-CROP.jpg

IMG_8197-CROP.jpg

It also could have been patches the vet collected from those he served around not necessarily the vet being part of each of those divisions. I have a Vietnam duffle bag a vet brought back and he sewed on the patches from people he met during his time in the service.

It also could have been patches the vet collected from those he served around not necessarily the vet being part of each of those divisions. I have a Vietnam duffle bag a vet brought back and he sewed on the patches from people he met during his time in the service.

It’s a bold man to sew an EIB on public display if he didn’t earn it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk