My Smith Corona Springfield M1903A3 Rifle

Scottz63

14 hours ago, silverplate said:

Great looking weapon. Took me a while to find my SC.

Thank you! Yup, an all SC parts one was hard for me to find as well. Do you have pics of yours to show?

• 2 weeks later...

These are getting tougher to find as everyday passes and to find a totally correct one is even better, just passed on a Remington receiver and barrel with a SC bolt, should of bought it for the stock and bolt.  Remington bolts are common but the SC not so easy to locate on the loose.  Nice fire arm and yes they are fun to shoot.

2 hours ago, gomorgan said:

These are getting tougher to find as everyday passes and to find a totally correct one is even better, just passed on a Remington receiver and barrel with a SC bolt, should of bought it for the stock and bolt.  Remington bolts are common but the SC not so easy to locate on the loose.  Nice fire arm and yes they are fun to shoot.

They are tough to find, they made far fewer SC's than Remington's. Mine is absolutely all SC, every last part. I got this one from the widow of a long time collector. Sad to see an old collector pass on, but this rifle went to a good curator. :)

The bore on it is cherry as well. Crisp, shiny rifling and the muzzle reading is close to new.

SC03a3-10.jpg

10 hours ago, Scottz63 said:

What's the receiver date on yours spagg?

July 43, if I have time tomorrow I post up some photos if you are OK with it.

10 hours ago, Scottz63 said:

What's the receiver date on yours spagg?