A Positive ID is needed for 3rd Engineer Patch

rtd_sf_eng

First, is this patch from the WWII period?  Second, was it used as a shoulder patch or pocket patch?  Third, is it the 3rd Engineer Battalion or 3rd Engineer Brigade (Separate)?  Any help with its ID would be appreciated.

0003rd Eng Bde (Sep), 1-F.jpg

0003rd Eng Bde (Sep), 1-R.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

At one time these were rare as hens teeth especially when they were miss identified. I found one for 10.00, now they are not sought after as much because nobody had a I'd on it. A error patch is the only plausible explanation.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

BILL THE PATCH

Maybe one company did a whole batch which probably had a contract for a couple of hundred thousand patches. Maybe they did a whole run before it was caught. Or maybe someday a real id will be found. And a happy Thanksgiving to all!!

3 hours ago, mortaydc60 said:

Why would they make so many errors? That is a heck of an error to make considering the color difference.

Oh really? Please explain the blue “474th IR” patches? How about explaining the two different (color reversed) immediate post war 46th ID patches? How about all the “21st Cavalry Division” and “24th Cavalry Division” patches that people mistake for two diff divisions due to different color roses? 

Dave come on, you never heard of colorblindness? Well OK technically you have a point and I guess factually you have a good argument. Just stirring the pot.

Mort

BILL THE PATCH

I wonder how mistake patches are out there. I don't mean just color mistakes, how about the usstaf, with reverse letters. Can anyone name some more?