11th Armd Div Thunderbolt group

mortaydc60

This grouping just ended on Ebay and sold near $600. The main item that drew all the interest was an 11th Armd Div patch with a theater made Thunderbolt tab attaches. Was that all there was of value in the lot to garner such a price? I think I know the answer what do you think?

Mort

I watched it like others.  Too much for just the the tab IMO.  The 3669 Medium Maint Ordnance patch is post war I believe.  They were part of Montana National Guard or Reserve.  Not sure if they served in WW2,.. if so that may have brought the price up a bit.  Or it was shutin Covid angst bidding.

No surprise here you both nailed it. Buyer may have looked at the campaign and unit registration books and found 3669th Ordinance Truck Co that served in WW2 and which had 3 campaigns and mistook the national guard patches for the truck co. That could be the explanation why someone would bid so much on this lot. Completely agree with my friends Jack and Vance , and I think that it went for 100-150 atleast more than it should.  The whole group revolves around the tab. The tab alone has what value? Is range 250-350.?

Thanks for the replies and information,think all in the forum appreciate having such members that have this level of knowledge.