USMC-MARKED SHOULDER HOLSTER: is it authentic ?

GUMP

Herebelow are multiple images of a shoulder-holster that I recently purchased from one of my local "pickers" in Roanoke, Virginia.  Quite frankly, I am not used to finding leather items in this condition, which is virtually mint, so doing so makes me suspicious. Did I just get lucky and buy an original example in time-warp condition? Or did I get suckered into purchasing a contemporary re-enactor's special?  I'd appreciate receiving your honest opinions. Thanks in advance!

USMC Shoulder Holster (1).JPG

USMC Shoulder Holster (2).JPG

USMC Shoulder Holster (3).JPG

USMC Shoulder Holster (4).JPG

USMC Shoulder Holster (7).JPG

USMC Shoulder Holster (8).JPG

USMC Shoulder Holster (9).JPG

USMC Shoulder Holster (10).JPG

I think it is real IMO. I have purchased original WWII holsters “in the pink” that make this one look well used. Don’t get me wrong, you have a very nice holster there. The 1945 date and its condition might suggest unissued surplus when the war ended or at the very least, barely used. Congrats. 

Its fine... Late BOYT holster. Actually there were a lot of these surplused as new. Older friend told me when he was a boy in the 50s a surplus store in Des Moines Iowa had barrels of new holsters for $1.50 each. One was full if USMC shoulder holsters the other M1916 holsters. ALL NOS.

the 45 date may well indicate it was never issued...at least not during and heavy action....have seen many late dates like this as another already posted...very nice find

Charlie Flick

Agreed.  It is a very nice condition USGI M7 shoulder holster.  A great find.

Regards,

Charlie

What possible market value does it have?  I find mostly repros and/or poor-condition comps (comparables) for sale on the internet...

F.Y.I. - I started a separate thread in the "What's It Worth?" section...

In looking through past forum topics about this style, it seems that a legitimate one is like this: marked USMC Boyt and date on back and US on the front.