EGA POST 1955 MARKED L.I.G.I.

L11-VELASCO

Dear Gents 

I wanted to know about this EGA MARINES for garrison cap marked L.I.G.I. and I couldn't read something more what appears to be an A letter on the anchor back, EGA screw back and I suppose is post 1955 but any more info about maker is desirable. 

PD :Eagle came attatched to a garrison cap with DSA... 69 but what about the L.I.G.I maker... Wich period was used? 

Thanks in advance 

Fernando 

IMG_20201123_205304.jpg

IMG_20201123_205335.jpg

IMG_20201123_205042.jpg

IMG_20201123_154522.jpg

1 hour ago, Brig said:

I was buying those at Saigon Sam's 10 years ago...very distinct mold marks. I'd say 80s-90s

You meant garrison cap with DSA... 69 is not from same period than this EGA you said 80s-90s and is not possible both came together from 1969 Vietnam period??? 

39 minutes ago, Dozer521 said:

The L. I. G. I. is the hallmark for Lordship Industries Government Issue. A manufacture of EGA's.

Do you think match same period cap and EGA... them came together to me

3 hours ago, L11-VELASCO said:

You meant garrison cap with DSA... 69 is not from same period than this EGA you said 80s-90s and is not possible both came together from 1969 Vietnam period??? 

First...things get replaced all the time. That said, nothing says Lordship Industries wasn't making these from the 60s or 70s straight through the 90s. The emblem hasn't changed since 1955, there would be no need to change their molds unless one broke.

Short of a definitive hallmark to an era on this model (Gaunt, KREW, Chocolate Brown finish), there's no real difference in value from one made in 1955 and one made yesterday

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased today at the PX...brand new stock...not the same, but similar...kind of disappointed that this is the quality being churned out, worst quality emblems I've ever bought from the PX in my career

thumbnail (19).jpg