Named USAF Silver Tans Uniform

Picked this up today while out on my vacation for a price I couldn't say no to.  The uniform is named R.J. Maeavley but I cannot seem to find any information on that name yet.  The wing is marked N.S. Meyer with shield and 9M raised.  There are 3 single row N.S. Meyer bars, which I believe are out of order.  Hopefully I can find some information about the wearer.

USAF 1.jpg

USAF 2.jpg

USAF 3.jpg

USAF 4.jpg

Looking for items related to the 407th Combat Engineer Battalion

donation2011.gif

Thanks for the reply.  Upon looking at it more I believe it is Macauley as you say.  Searching for Macauley does yield some results of Lt. Col. Robert J Macauley.  I was able to find his enlistment record and obituary. According to his obituary during WW2 Macauley flew B 17s and was a 20+ career airman having settled in Kansas City, MO where I currently live and found the uniform.  He passed away in 2001.  Research is still ongoing and I thank you for reading the name in a way that makes more sense than how I was seeing it.

donation2011.gif

Here are some newspaper clippings. It looks like his top row of awards is missing. Nice grab!

a65671921511d76a36e0c130ccfdc226.jpg8f6deea9ae6a70ff973b86b381504139.jpg

Actively collecting 7th Armored Division items, groupings, etc. especially anything dealing with CO B, 23rd AIB

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning." - Colonel David M. Shoup

donation2011.gif

10 hours ago, Lucky 7th Armored said:

Here are some newspaper clippings. It looks like his top row of awards is missing. Nice grab!

a65671921511d76a36e0c130ccfdc226.jpg8f6deea9ae6a70ff973b86b381504139.jpg

Thanks for this additional information.  I was doing some digging around and it looks like someone has his complete ribbons with his Air Medal.  Maybe a possible reunion in the future?

His other items: http://www.ww1collector.com/Details/Macauly-Robert-J.html

donation2011.gif