SCAM. SOMEONE SELLING ARVN RANGER HELMET

anton67

Another member was browsing eBay and found my ARVN Ranger helmet listed for sale.  Here is the link. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vietnam-War-South-Vietmam-Army-Ranger-Colorful-hand-Painted-steel-Pot-Helmet-/233790340072?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

this helmet is still in my collection and easily identifiable as it’s probably the only one in existence (other than a copy someone else made that can be easily distinguished).  If you see it for sale again it is likely a scam.  I do not intend to sell this helmet anytime soon

That won’t be the last time that happens.

Back in the day scammers would take pictures from my eBay listings and start their own listings. 

BILL THE PATCH

Same thing happened to me awhile back, a forum member contacted me and asked if I still had this particular German helmet . I said I do, I would never sell. He said someone is selling the same helmet on Craigslist. It weren't me. Devious

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

I just wanted to make everybody aware in case the buyer was on the forum or someone knew the buyer.  
I reported the listing to eBay.  
I also contacted the seller personally.  

Burning Hazard

Seller seems to have 100% positive feedback too, strange indeed. Makes me wonder if the seller was just doing this as an advertising ploy “look at all the rare stuff I have”.

either way, this is also why a lot of members here are very hesitant to post their one of a kind pieces. There are scammers out there waiting to take advantage.

Pat

Update.  The eBay seller sent me these photos.  I believe that he is saying that this is the helmet he was selling and somehow the photo of my helmet was inserted into his listing.  

BC1F90E1-F040-414D-B0A3-9B4205218BFC.jpeg

83DA3CA3-13FC-4191-A5EE-F54029EF0DDD.jpeg

DAF0C827-E602-4D9A-A39B-1C89E3BF0787.jpeg

103F8529-17A1-4071-B04D-24B1F20D3A39.jpeg

Update.  The eBay seller sent me these photos.  I believe that he is saying that this is the helmet he was selling and somehow the photo of my helmet was inserted into his listing.  
looks like a cheap copy to me.  

vintageproductions

Everything that seller has is fake.

All the patches he has listed in his book are fakes also.

There is no way Anton that your photo "slipped" into his listing by accident, that would just be impossible on so many levels.

I have cleaned up this thread and have re-opened it.

If it stays on track it will stay open.