Can anyone help indentify this uniform? ID: 6th IR Berlin Bde Honor Guard

scottdfran

My parents neighbor passed away and I purchased the house to flip.  It came with all the contents including this jacket (also have the pants,  two different hats and sea bag).  Im trying to get some info on it.  I know its from the 6th infantry honor guard berlin based off the should patch.  How can I figure out the years of service? What do the two aiguillettes mean?  What does the medal ribbon mean?  Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_20201117_111632.jpg

IMG_20201117_111640.jpg

IMG_20201120_130910.jpg

IMG_20201120_130859.jpg

IMG_20201120_130849.jpg

The two ribbons are in order from left to right, the National Defense Service ribbon, and the army of occupation ribbon. The aforementioned ribbon was first awarded in 1954, so jacket dates post that. The chevrons were used until the late 50s, so this uniform dates from the mid to late 50s.

The blue cord going around the right arm is the infantry branch cord, worn only he infantryman. The white cord around the left sleep is for the honor guard.

The collars discs show the US which was worn by all members of the US Army. The crosses rifles collar disc denotes the Infantry Branch. And the blue behind the collar discs also represents the infantry branch. The same thing with the blue under the DUIs.

Over the right breast pocket, the blue ribbon with the gold metal border represents the Presidential Unit Citation.

On the left sleeve around the cuffs there would be hash marks denoting time in service. Each hashmark represents three years of service. So if someone had one has mark they would 3-5 years of service. 2 is 6-8, etc. and if there are 0 hash marks that means they had 0-2 years of service. On the right cuff area there would be bars for overseas service, each on representing 6 months overseas, but only if you were on the designated period during wartime. With no campaign awards there should not be any overseas bars.

So all in all this jacket bears the insignia of a PFC in the 6th Infantry Honor Guard during the mid to late 1950s.

I think that answers everything, let me know if you have anymore questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk