This is so bad it hurts to look at

BILL THE PATCH

BILL THE PATCH

Came across this on eBay, seller states it real. Yeah a real fake. Already has bids, it's just awful to look at. Sorry can't post the link from phone, if anyone wants to feel freed5f590142a20f4f47cedf58b41c33e4e.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Persian Gulf Command

I can't wait until the Camo examples are going to come from this guy.  It may redefine what "Disruption Camouflage" looks like.

3 hours ago, huntssurplus said:

I don't see any problem with this? What's with all the fuss? Classic helmet community ganging up on a nice helmet!! 

((Sarcasm))

lol

20 hours ago, Burning Hazard said:

Haha Looks like it was painted with water color paint; if you want to strip it then just wear it in the rain....

I was going to say that. It looks like water based tempra or school poster paint.  

There is no one who can possible look at that paint job and believe it is original. I think it is as MattS suggests - someone bidding on it looking to buy a shell/liner set on the cheap, and then adding a Vietnam cover to it for a display

Don’t hate on me, but I won it for $43.95 with free shipping (from CA even!). I can’t hurt the originality so I’m going to try washing the ugly paint off.  If that doesn’t work, I have helmet covers! 

Don’t hate on me, but I won it for $43.95 with free shipping (from CA even!). I can’t hurt the originality so I’m going to try washing the ugly paint off.  If that doesn’t work, I have helmet covers! 

• 2 weeks later...

Got this helmet today and have a few observations. The paint is not as bright as pictured but does appear to be fake and artificially aged. Under it is original dark green over a silica texture. Also the straps are installed backwards on the loops so that the hook and buckle face inward. The inside of the shell and the outside of the liner are painted a medium blue with a large brush. So obviously reworked, now I have to decide what to do with it. 

DEE67099-D61B-4E38-8822-446EB4651679.jpeg

Looks like a WW II nape strap. Save that for a WW II helmrt, flip the strapes correctly, toss on a mitchel cover and sell it to a VN reenactor.

Good for the price.

BKW

1 minute ago, easterneagle87 said:

I already post on this but, I believe I saw this "thing" at the Sacramento Antique Street fair some months ago. 

That could be, it came from CA. 

35 minutes ago, Brian Keith said:

Looks like a WW II nape strap. Save that for a WW II helmrt, flip the strapes correctly, toss on a mitchel cover and sell it to a VN reenactor.

Good for the price.

BKW

Yep, that’s a possibility too.