WW2 usmc camo cover sold for nice dollar on Epay

mdk0911

Am I missing something here? It looks like a near mint cover but it's a 3rd pattern. Is there something that caused this cover to go for almost $1000 after tax/shipping? Or is this just another case of insane eBay pricing?

i think this one was just in the right place at the right time. it had a lot of attraction early on. i wouldn't be caught dead paying that much though, even for a "mint" example. personally, i dont think a very fiscally minded investment was made here 

24 minutes ago, shadawg said:

i think this one was just in the right place at the right time. it had a lot of attraction early on. i wouldn't be caught dead paying that much though, even for a "mint" example. personally, i dont think a very fiscally minded investment was made here 

Only time will tell 

• 2 weeks later...

I've bought a number of things from Larry, and his people pack carefully and what he sells he stands behind.

He's been very responsive on some questions I've had.

Where he gets his fine stuff is beyond me.

z

14 minutes ago, bldrhouse said:

I've bought a number of things from Larry, and his people pack carefully and what he sells he stands behind.

He's been very responsive on some questions I've had.

Where he gets his fine stuff is beyond me.

z

Well he just sold a reproduction as a real camo cover so I'd be curious if he still stands behind that one.

he is known as grey blanket. go to gunboards and search grey blanket. i personally would only buy from him if i was 100% sure. weather he is the one that tinkers with stuff or that is how he gets it i don't know. he sells guns thousand above retail and there is usually something wrong force match/stock swap things of this nature people have said they tell him and he will say thank you and not fix listing or nothing. then you got the people who love him and swear he is the best thing since sliced bread. 

olivedrab1970

I contacted this seller a year ago about a M1936 pistol belt that was advertised as USMC and was an obvious over stamped fake, he replied he would look into it and the belt sold as is for a good amount of money to some naïve buyer. Either he is not well versed in USMC items and is making the mistakes unknowingly or when he is called out feels that everyone whom is telling him about the fakes are not credible? I would also assume he has the invested money in the items and does not want to take the loss for his overlooked mistake.

Robin-