Two Low Prices realized for "Better" Patches

Persian Gulf Command

Persian Gulf Command

These are "Better" Tank Battalion Woolie Patches that just sold a low prices.  Both the 70th and 191st Woolies sold for less than $90. each  Is this the sign of a depressed market, a COVID response on collectables, or lower prices in general for patches at this time?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/70th-armor-wool-patch-tank-off-uniform-tank/333783838625?hash=item4db7112fa1:g:a7YAAOSw4-RfqfNh

https://www.ebay.com/itm/wool-191st-armor-bn-patch-tank-row-weave/333783817271?hash=item4db710dc37:g:VKUAAOSwVs1fqezc

I think the low price was due to the hail mary pass that let Arizona beat the Bills with 2 seconds left and just depressed the market. Actually think it was a fluke that they went so low. Have been seeing some pretty good prices on items on better patches especially those that do not show up every week. The better patches that have been repeated on Ebay say every week or so floods the market and after a few sell the number of buyers is depleted and less competition in the bidding and result in lower price. Again I think it was a fluke or full moon in this case.

I know it makes folks feel better to call situations like this a fluke, but I have been watching prices steadily drop over the past few years, and plummet in the past year.  I am not referring to asking prices, but actual selling prices.  Common stuff is getting MUCH harder to sell, and the circle seems to be getting smaller for the high-end pieces.  

Generally agree with what you say; but there are flukes or misses that are just plain missed. Original post was concerning the woolie 70th and 191st which are very desireable and do not show up very often and yet a XVIII corp gets almost double the price of the woolies and this patch is on everyday and twice on Sunday. Exceptions do exist.

Mort

BILL THE PATCH
I know it makes folks feel better to call situations like this a fluke, but I have been watching prices steadily drop over the past few years, and plummet in the past year.  I am not referring to asking prices, but actual selling prices.  Common stuff is getting MUCH harder to sell, and the circle seems to be getting smaller for the high-end pieces.  

+1, I agree, I don't see common patches selling at all. this means to me that younger kids aren't starting collections. Rare patches are still commanding good prices though.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Persian Gulf Command

I have spent the last several years assembling a collection of Armored Division and Tank Battalion Woolies.  Seeing the 70th and 191st sell for less than $90. does indicate a lowering in value/selling price, especially on eBay.  These two selling at these levels may be an exception, good for the buyers bad for the seller.  However, the 70th woolie wa easily selling at $200. within the last couple of years.  I know as I have both sold and purchased a few of them during this time.  The 191st was in the $125.-$150. range before COVID. 

I'd also like to mention that a very nice True 6-Wheeled TD SSI just sold on eBay for $338.  Not bad for a patch that use to be in the $500+ range.  Here is the link to a thread that Mort started a few days ago:   

I mention COVID because there can be no denying that its effect on Shows, locating new material, and collectors' priorities is in play at this time.