Another Rare Prototype?

SKIPH

Hey gang! Just stumbled on the next "Rare Prototype" for the newer collectors to review. It's listed as "Rare WWII Camillus MK2 USN Kabar Prototype" Ebay item# 114519079612, with a Buy Now price of $700. It is an early Camillus"screw on pommel", but no where near a prototype, we see these all the time. I have a mint one with the original leather sheath. The knife in question also comes with a USN MK2 scabbard. If someone could post the ad it would be appreciated. New collectors study up, don't overpay.  SKIP

These are not rare, nor prototypes, you see them all the time on ebay.  Early , yes, but Camillus changed the way the pommel was secured no longer threaded. SKIP

EmperorWangDong
6 hours ago, SKIPH said:

These are not rare, nor prototypes, you see them all the time on ebay.  Early , yes, but Camillus changed the way the pommel was secured no longer threaded. SKIP

I know, I was being slightly sarcastic in my post - hard to portray over the internet at times. 😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 3:43 AM, SKIPH said:

Hey gang! Just stumbled on the next "Rare Prototype" for the newer collectors to review. It's listed as "Rare WWII Camillus MK2 USN Kabar Prototype" Ebay item# 114519079612, with a Buy Now price of $700. It is an early Camillus"screw on pommel", but no where near a prototype, we see these all the time. I have a mint one with the original leather sheath. The knife in question also comes with a USN MK2 scabbard. If someone could post the ad it would be appreciated. New collectors study up, don't overpay.  SKIP

At the risk of coming off as one of the ranting New Left in US political scene, is there not reason to start a "list" of known sellers (@ ebay) who tend to push faked or misprepresented militaria items, @ least knives? When I was active @ ebay we did exactly this for sellers who were repeat offenders re; listing Faked Vintage Guitars and bootlegged vintage LPs.... and there were quite a few, and this was back @ the late 1990s-early 2000s. I can onlyguess there are more now. Perhaps in the "militaria arena" there are simply too many to list? Y'all already provide collectors a great service w/ the "bad items" you post@ this forum; I suppose drawing up a list might become an overwhelming task. Anyway, it was a thought based on my own experiences @ eBay and afew other "selling sites" for vintagemusical instruments.  

- edwin