3rd Ranger Battalion Scroll - Real or Fake?

MajorBonacelli

This appears to be one of the series of brown (instead of black) medium material for Ranger Bn scrolls that is WW 2 period. However, to my knowledge, no one has ever provided any documentation as to their distribution and/or wear.

Perhaps another Forum member has the information. 

18 hours ago, tredhed2 said:

This appears to be one of the series of brown (instead of black) medium material for Ranger Bn scrolls that is WW 2 period. However, to my knowledge, no one has ever provided any documentation as to their distribution and/or wear.

Perhaps another Forum member has the information. 

D-

To me, it looks like this felt patch was originally black until it was heavily laundered. Most of the pigment has washed out of the felt. Hot water has probably caused the uneven shrinkage of the felt to give it that puckered appearance.

Just my take.

Allan

MajorBonacelli
11 hours ago, Allan H. said:

D-

To me, it looks like this felt patch was originally black until it was heavily laundered. Most of the pigment has washed out of the felt. Hot water has probably caused the uneven shrinkage of the felt to give it that puckered appearance.

Just my take.

Allan

Will say from the photo it may look that way, but I can assure you (as I have some of those black ones as well) that it is a brown/dark beige. In fact, to me it is really similar in color and texture to WWI US Army brown/beige uniform wool or British WWII uniform wool.