10th Infantry Division / 10th Mountain Division

m60a1d66

Like your display, especially the 41st Eng and the 40th Art. Not an easy area to collect. Members should check out the ASMIC Trading Post that had an excellent article on this subject.

2 minutes ago, mortaydc60 said:

Like your display, especially the 41st Eng and the 40th Art. Not an easy area to collect. Members should check out the ASMIC Trading Post that had an excellent article on this subject.

Thanks

easterneagle87

Hello, from a fellow folk from Wash - East sider (in exile - working in Cali - till I can retire and move back), nice display and concentration on one Division. Thanks for the look. 

46 minutes ago, easterneagle87 said:

Hello, from a fellow folk from Wash - East sider (in exile - working in Cali - till I can retire and move back), nice display and concentration on one Division. Thanks for the look. 

Thanks

Excellent collection, I recall some of these insignia very well. I have an oversized cloth DUI (ca. 4 x 5 cm) in my possession. Do you know where and when it was made?

I noted it once but lost the tag. Thanks for sharing your display!

10_1.jpg

10_2.jpg

On 11/23/2020 at 1:59 PM, manayunkman said:

Very impressive collection.

How did you connect to the 10th?

I Served in the 10th Mountain Division from 1992 to 1996. Best duty assignment in my 20 years in the US Army.

23 hours ago, Bearmon said:

What is the connection to the USS Eisenhower?

The 10th Mountain Division was on the USS Eisenhower for the invasion of Haiti. The 10th Mountain Division's Air Assets (helicopters) and all personnel were transported

from Virginia to Haiti via aircraft carrier.

On 11/23/2020 at 1:14 PM, Proud Kraut said:

Excellent collection, I recall some of these insignia very well. I have an oversized cloth DUI (ca. 4 x 5 cm) in my possession. Do you know where and when it was made?

I noted it once but lost the tag. Thanks for sharing your display!

10_1.jpg

10_2.jpg

The 87th Infantry Regiment which was part of the 10th Division served in Aschaffenburg Germany 1955 to 1957.