Vietnam SF 82ND Airborne 2nd Pattern Jungle Shirt

m1a2u2

vintageproductions

This is another shirt that someone has tried to re-patch up and didn't even come close to doing it right.

1 hour ago, vintageproductions said:

This is another shirt that someone has tried to re-patch up and didn't even come close to doing it right.

What did they get wrong about patching it up? 

20 hours ago, m1a2u2 said:

The unit patches look too stiff to me. I would expect them to have conformed a little with was and wear and have gone a little more relaxed. 

23 hours ago, m1a2u2 said:

The spacing between the name tapes and jump wings is a give away. Also, always look on the inside of the shirt. Patches that have been on there since the 60's would be obvious. If there is no puckering or wear then it's more than likely a put together. The inside of a shirt will always tell the tale.

31 minutes ago, Spike said:

The spacing between the name tapes and jump wings is a give away. Also, always look on the inside of the shirt. Patches that have been on there since the 60's would be obvious. If there is no puckering or wear then it's more than likely a put together. The inside of a shirt will always tell the tale.

That's very helpful thanks. When you say puckering or wear, should I be looking to see if the lettering is readable through the other side of the fabric? 

2 hours ago, bravo_2_zero said:

The unit patches look too stiff to me. I would expect them to have conformed a little with was and wear and have gone a little more relaxed. 

Thanks, that is helpful. I would imagine the color would be more faded as well, correct? 

I want to thank the members here who have posted explanations as to why this uniform does not have wartime patches. I will be returning it. Here are the inside pictures:

What I've picked up so far from members like spike and others who have pointed out details to look for:

-appear to be some ghost stitch lines showing where previous patches were removed. 

-puckering is insufficient on some of the patches (I think?) actually looks good on the ARVN Para BADGE? . 

-threads are all the same color. 

Am I on the right track? 

20201116_235810.jpg

20201116_235847.jpg

20201116_235912.jpg

20201116_235919.jpg

20201117_000005.jpg

20201117_000031.jpg

20201117_000121.jpg