Any idea what this is? The only information I got with it was it had something to do with a claymore mine, but I don't know

viking4zero

I never found a claymore with one of those.

It looks like it turns something on or opens a connection between 2 things.

I knew I had some data on this but took half the evening to find it.

It's called a Firing Device Model 308-6 and is part of the Swimmer Weapons System 3801.  This was an assortment of booby trap and demo items constructed at China Lake for SEALS and other Special OPs forces during Vietnam.  The 308-6 was a fairly conventional pressure or anti-disturbance device that fired and electric blasting cap.  The closure cap is missing from the battery receptacle on your example.  The coated end is a plug for connection to a detonator of a mine or other charge.

Most of the other 308 devices were booby trap fuzes installed in canteens, gas tanks, flashlights, cameras, and AR15 and AK magazines.  Obviously limited procurement items with almost nothing available for printed reference material.  A very cool item and please let me know if you would like to part with it.

Ordnance, if you have any more questions or want more pictures, dimensions,  etc. Put gmaildotcom in front of my user name.

I tried 3 times today to offer this on the "MEWE" sight recommended here, I'm just not smart enough. Gone to eBay

20201114_141234.jpg