Jonathan Winters Drills Marine NCOs on a TV Show in 1962.

patches

Along with actress Betsy Palmer (Mr Roberts, The Long Gray Line etc etc) Bess Myerson (Miss America 1945 and TV personality) and others, a TV Show called I've Got a Secret.

i remember reading about his korean war time in the service, he was holding by himself an area for long period, eventually he sought help for stress after the war

cannot find the article, but he was a hell of a tough Marine, and a great actor, its a mad  mad  mad mad world

hope the article was not bull shi about his service time

Are you sure it was about Winters? He was in WWII not Korea, his main service was as a member of the Ships Detachment on the Carrier Bonhomme Richard, Bonhomme Richard was a new carrier, commissioned November 26 1944, Winters maybe was a "Plank Owner". Bonhomme Richard sees action in the last phase of the Battle of Okinawa, and later still it's squadrons launch missions against japan proper just before the bombs drop, no where do we see he was recalled for service because of the war in Korea.

your right, he joined the usmc at age 17, 1943, it was ww2, he served in the PTO 

now i have to figure out who i was thinking of.

thank you for the correction, the article was on actors who were marine veterans

thank you again

semper fi