Small collector

Hawkthrower

Hey everyone. Thanks for giving me the go ahead to join. My topic is small collectors because I usually only have about one piece of anything. 
Anyhow, I’m from Alabama and my name is Ron. I use to build black powder guns and most of the accoutrements for pre-1840 living. I went from rifles to custom powder horns. Since then working with my hands is really tough because of the tremors.

maybe one of these days I will get back to it. Until I do, I will collect a few pieces that I like and sit here and polish and admire.😉

Backtheattack

Hello Ron, welcome to the forum! Interesting timeline you talked about. Here in Germany some so called "Cowboy Clubs" reenact this time from War of Independence to the Civil War. A friend of mine did this, with rebuilding items like you do. And no problem, collecting means also interesting in a timeline, for myself 83rd Division WW2, I too own most items in my collection only single.

Thank you. It was a natural progression for me. You might say it’s the family business. This is my bunch from my father-in-law to my daughter-in-law, my oldest grandson on his 5th tour in Afghanistan. Last but not least my youngest grandson who will have his 2nd Lieutenant bar pinned on in Dec. I’m very proud of all of them. Four generations and we can trace it through every generation back to the French and Indian war. I wish I had a picture of all of them.

1ECAEB29-B97A-4B77-B707-877D317785FF.jpeg

2EA28990-D145-4F9F-AEBB-574CB2A49378.jpeg

F7D5802E-49B0-4320-BA8F-62B6A06B8F97.jpeg

4B167738-5AEA-43C4-8D44-EB1925BBFBB6.jpeg

Backtheattack

Good to remember the family. From my mothers side I have nothing, they came after the war in 1945 as displaced persons from Silesia, couldn`t take with them more than only a little bag.