Airborne liner conundrum

elh1311

I recently picked up a 1954 Westinghouse Micarta paratrooper liner with helmet Both are in great condition, the lid with it's KW-era paint and chinstraps. 

The issue is the liner. While it is in good shape, the A-yokes were cutoff at some point. 

My question for this august body is whether to replace the A-yokes or leave them as is. If I replace them, they will have the pre-1953 semi tubular rivets which this one does not have. As a decision making metric, what would be is more desirable to another collector? 

I appreciate the help, thank you. 

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

2.jpg

The common thinking is that you do no modification to it. To do so would be to invite others at a later date to conclude it was faked. Cut straps are common. Having the lid is what ties it  all together. As it stands it is what it is and should stay that way. If you are looking for a display item buy another liner with the A yokes and display that.

Airborne-Hunter

Alot of guys cut the yokes. Thats fairly well accepted. Not to mention this was a rigger A-yoke to begin with as opposed to a factory job. I don't see the work in question adding to it in any way: value, historical, collectability, et al. I'd wager the work actually would hurt the piece. I'd leave it as is. ABN