MY LATEST DATA PLATE

ram957

That is an interesting data tag. Have you checked Baugher's list? Every section of an aircraft has main data tags to identify it in the event of a major mishap. This looks to be one of them. This is not a modification tag. It looks like it may have been a section that could of had caustic chemicals or high heat. Nice score!!!! 

B-47B, s/n 51-2200

Manufactured by Boeing Aircraft, Wichita KS and delivered to the USAF on 27 Jun 1952.

Nov 1952 To 3200th Proof Test Wing (Air Proving Ground), Eglin AFB FL

Jul 1953 To 3200th Maintenance Wing (APG), Eglin AFB

Oct 1953 To 3200th Test Wing (APG), Eglin AFB

Nov 1955 To AF Operational Test Center (APG), Eglin AFB (to JB-47B)

Dec 1957 To AF Proving Ground Center (Air Research and Development Command), Eglin AFB

Jan 1958 To Douglas Aircraft, Tulsa OK (to B-47G)

Jun 1958 To 19th Bombardment Wing [Medium] (Strategic Air Command), Homestead AFB FL

Apr 1961 To 2704th AF Aircraft Storage and Disposition Group (AF Logistics Command), Davis-Monthan AFB AZ

Jul 1961 Dropped from inventory by authorized reclamation

This looks to be the main data tag for the aircraft..versus a part.....

A forum member..also my supervisor on F4Es was able to remove...er..found the main data tag on our F4...very cool item to have

1 hour ago, phantomfixer said:

This looks to be the main data tag for the aircraft..versus a part.....

A forum member..also my supervisor on F4Es was able to remove...er..found the main data tag on our F4...very cool item to have

I can't say anything on post war data tags, but in WW2 the main data tag was in the cockpit and had the makers name, the DWG, government acceptance stamps along with the information found on this data tag.  This could be a main tag. but its missing its acceptance stamp.

I’ve always been under the impression that these plates are the Military Acceptance Plate. They are not the Manufacturers Main Data Plate. As P-59 stated there were a few of these on the aircraft placed on major portions of the airframe. For example below is an oval Manufacturers Main Data Plate for a B-17 and a rectangular Acceptance Plate for a B-17.

83F0B8F5-D62F-4981-A750-927F1B6EEC94.jpeg

FCB67EA0-051C-4D5A-9C1F-F98AA68E0134.jpeg

53 minutes ago, ram957 said:

I’ve always been under the impression that these plates are the Military Acceptance Plate. They are not the Manufacturers Main Data Plate. As P-59 stated there were a few of these on the aircraft placed on major portions of the airframe. For example below is an oval Manufacturers Main Data Plate for a B-17 and a rectangular Acceptance Plate for a B-17.

83F0B8F5-D62F-4981-A750-927F1B6EEC94.jpeg

FCB67EA0-051C-4D5A-9C1F-F98AA68E0134.jpeg

This is exactly my understanding of the three types of data plates. Main data tag from the maker found in the cockpit. Acceptance data plates found in other areas and modification data plates found on items that  have been modified.