Never discount an odd source Vietnam tour cowboy hats

So I went to the monthly Sacramento Antique Street Fair and scored some goods. On the way out of town, I hit the Golden Bear (featured on Diner's, Drive-Ins and Dives) and had a cold beer (I had worked pretty hard ;)) and the Fried Chicken sandwich -EXCELLENT by the way. As I sat there enjoying my meal, I could see this funky clothing store, Prevue Peekaboo Fashions, that I had passed over in the past. So to work off my meal, I strolled over to take a peak. They had a few uniforms, hats and shirts. BUT ... tucked up on a shelf I found these two gems. Vietnam Tour cowboy hats. One with yellow/black patches and one with red/black patches; THAILAND & U-TAPAO arc tabs.

Now I had one of these when I was a kid. My uncle did a tour in Thailand and brought me back one. Of course I grew out of it and then tried to take the patches off. I was successful with one and destroyed the other. These still don't fit my head, but they are piece of my childhood!             

IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3590.JPG

IMG_3591.JPG

IMG_3592.JPG

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I "primarily" collect Gulf War 1 patches. All branches (USA, USAF,USN, USMC & USCG) and ALL Countries..
US - Op.'s Desert Shield / Storm / Provide Comfort /Some Southern Watch - F-4G's Wild Weasels
UK - Op.'s Granby / Sabre / Warden
Canadian - Op. Desert Storm / Op. Friction
French - Daguet / Aconit
Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, South Korea, etc.
Looking for the oddities, including unfinished & flaws
I HAVE EXTRA's!! Will trade as well.

The heading should hav to read, Never Dsount...

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I "primarily" collect Gulf War 1 patches. All branches (USA, USAF,USN, USMC & USCG) and ALL Countries..
US - Op.'s Desert Shield / Storm / Provide Comfort /Some Southern Watch - F-4G's Wild Weasels
UK - Op.'s Granby / Sabre / Warden
Canadian - Op. Desert Storm / Op. Friction
French - Daguet / Aconit
Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, South Korea, etc.
Looking for the oddities, including unfinished & flaws
I HAVE EXTRA's!! Will trade as well.

• robinb changed the title to Never discount an odd source Vietnam tour cowboy hats

Gotta love the vintage shops.  Some of my best friends are vintage dealers ;) 

Picked up a WWI numbered red cross arm band for a song in one on Sunday, in fact. 

Love those cowboy hats, if they didn't take up so much space I'd keep more of them.  Nice finds! 

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

These are the best kind of shops. Usually pretty hit or miss. Nice score though 

Check out my eBay page, I sell military insignia and just about anything else I come across

Link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/fitzkeemilitaria/m.html?item=223497878518&hash=item340982fbf6%3Ag%3ASs4AAOSw-llcxhqe&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Please check out my web page as well for more items for sale

https://fitzkeemilitaria.com/

Two really nice Hats !

In Memory of Air Corps Technical Sergeant Carl F. Durfee. He died of wounds on 30 December 1944 while serving in the South Pacific. You are not forgotten.

ASMIC member

American Legion member

US Air Force & Air National Guard TAC - MAC

JOHN N. DANIELS ---152nd COMPANY C New York State Infantry--- captured 1864 survivor of Andersonville ---- Great-Great-Great Uncle

Captain Robert L. Hosler, 522nd Fighter/Bomber Sq. 12th Army Air Corp. World War Two P47 Pilot - 1 DFC- 5 Air Medal & 0ne Purple Heart---Uncle

1st Sgt Ann Barry, US Army Air Corp WAC World War Two --ETO --- Aunt

Sgt Willam M. Barry, USMC----Pacific World War Two--Father

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif