Help with WW1 Marine Trush

easterneagle87

easterneagle87

Found this GREAT large WW1 photo of a USMC Marine.

The back of the photo is signed, Nellie Trush. I don't know if that's his name. Can Someone help ID this Marine? 

Great Indian head patch, Corporal stripes/chevrons, single ribbon and marksman qual badge.  

WW1 Trush 1 .jpg

WW1 Trush 2 .jpg

There is no Trush listed in the roster for the Fourth Brigade Marines WWI. There also is no Nellie Trush in the muster rolls on Ancestry. I suspect the name on the back might be a girlfriends name or family members name that differs from the Marine. There are a couple of Marines with last name Trush on the muster rolls but none served prior to WWII. Very nice image, but sadly may go unidentified. Kevin

easterneagle87

Threw the photo up on ebay. Someone chimed in and said it was 6th Marines. I didn't know and just went with the above posting from warguy who I appreciate the input.  There is a bid, so I can't change anything in the listing. 

Hope I didn’t mislead you. The patch is clearly sixth Marines, they wore a diamond behind the star and Indianhead. The fourth Brigade I referred to was the fighting force of the WWI Marines, and was comprised of both the fifth Marines and sixth Marines. Fifth Marines had a square behind the star Indianhead. Anyone collecting WWI Marine related material will immediately recognize the patch as a sixth Marine patch, so I don’t think you will have issues on eBay. My only point was to advise you the name on the back does not match anyone in the Fourth Brigade, that includes both fifth and sixth Marines, (I have the roster for the fourth Brigade) but the guy in the photo is clearly sixth Marines, so the name on the back of the photo is not him. Best, Kevin