Anybody doing anything special for Veterans Day?

MinorInHistory

MinorInHistory

Hey y’all,

If anyone is doing any displays or presentations this week for Veterans Day, I would love to hear about it!

Today I set up a display and gave a talk on the history of Veterans Day and a brief overview of US WWII equipment to my JROTC unit. Hearing from you all helps me improve my setup and run a better program. 

Happy early Veterans Day and a big thank you for your service to all the vets out there!

Thanks,

MinorInHistory

E0C8CAA2-D2E5-4EF8-9EAB-5DD3EEEF830F.jpeg

6D5A550F-306D-44CE-A11C-3E1F275E6EBC.jpeg

collectsmedals

Nothing public, but for several years now I on Veteran's Day and Memorial Day I visit every Medal of Honor grave in New York's Oswego and Onondaga Counties.

Wear a military theme t-shirt.  Wear a poppy sticker. Make a small donation to a veterans organization.  And say a prayer and give a Thank You to all our veterans everywhere.

Mikie

Poppy (2).jpg

TheCrustyBosun

I would normally be shining my low quarters and polishing my brass in order to wear my service dress blues to my oldest daughter’s school observance of Veterans’ Day. Unfortunately, there will be no ceremony this year, much to her disappointment. I will however, be off from work. I will text several of my friends who are also fellow veterans, thank them for their service, and wish them a Happy Veterans’ Day. Might even watch a movie while my two year-old naps, probably a war flick. Even though it isn’t Memorial Day, I will also take a moment to remember those who couldn’t come home and those who did, but aren’t with us due to the injuries we couldn’t see. 

Yes, we have a Veterans Day History exhibit we set up every year locally at the American Legion Hall. We start set up tomorrow and usually takes 6 plus hours to do with a 6 family members helping. Looks like your doing a good job!!