Estate collection find, pre ww2, ww2, korea and vietnam era's

Bought a box at an estate sale several years ago and just now looking at some of the iems. 

There is a Navy cheveron stitched 1937 along with what i believe are some Navy service sleeve stripes. 

Id like to know more about what i have. There are additional chevrons but they dont exactly match the patch but I dont see history of a 3rd class  Navy Machinist patch before 1944 so im a little confused. Also the capitans bars are not marked so im wondering if they are even military. Maybe law enforcement? 

Any info about any of these items would be great. If you would like more detailed photos dont be afraid to ask. 

20201106_085009.jpg

20201106_085058.jpg

20201106_085031.jpg

I'll start off... I see a Belgian Labor medal (Red, Yellow, Black ribbon) and what seems to be a Japanese Red Cross medal (the one with the rosette). Those odd looking straight USAF chevrons are late experimental Airman Second and First Class chevrons from the late 40's - early 50's. There are also some 60's - 70's US Army SGT stripes to the right of those. That US Navy chevron is an E-6 Machinist Mate's rating. The plastic heart with USAAF insignia is a WW2 era  "sweetheart" piece. That blue "United States Army" patch seems to be one of those WW2 era patches that were available for purchase at the PX at the time. Hope this helps.

"War is young men dying and old men talking"

donation2017.gif

1 hour ago, USMarineCorps said:

I'll start off... I see a Belgian Labor medal (Red, Yellow, Black ribbon) and what seems to be a Japanese Red Cross medal (the one with the rosette). Those odd looking straight USAF chevrons are late experimental Airman Second and First Class chevrons from the late 40's - early 50's. There are also some 60's - 70's US Army SGT stripes to the right of those. That US Navy chevron is an E-6 Machinist Mate's rating. The plastic heart with USAAF insignia is a WW2 era  "sweetheart" piece. That blue "United States Army" patch seems to be one of those WW2 era patches that were available for purchase at the PX at the time. Hope this helps.

That helpd a lot. I knew some like the japan red cross and the Belgian labor medals. Im also familiar with the Vandenberg Airforce Stripes. 

Thank you for the Army patch info also. I was fairly sure the plastic heart was ww2 but thank you for the confirmation. Im sill curious about the unmarked captains bars.

of 2 sizes.

There also was some

Early boy scout patches also. Ill post those up if anyone is interested. 

2 hours ago, Kwiskwis said:

It looks like the two bar patches are the Cub Scout "Denner" (two bars) and "Assistant Denner" (One bar.  Circa 1950s / 1960's.

Older than i thought, thank you for that info. Im still baffled by the gold stars. Im hoping someone can shed some light on those.