US Marine Uniform 1922 dated

Hello Everyone--- Found this uniform today----I have some questions about it---- are the insignia the collar right for this period also are the stripes also right for this time period  too ? Thanks Mark

101_0170.JPG

101_0173.JPG

101_0176.JPG

101_0177.JPG

101_0171.JPG

In Memory of Air Corps Technical Sergeant Carl F. Durfee. He died of wounds on 30 December 1944 while serving in the South Pacific. You are not forgotten.

ASMIC member

American Legion member

US Air Force & Air National Guard TAC - MAC

JOHN N. DANIELS ---152nd COMPANY C New York State Infantry--- captured 1864 survivor of Andersonville ---- Great-Great-Great Uncle

Captain Robert L. Hosler, 522nd Fighter/Bomber Sq. 12th Army Air Corp. World War Two P47 Pilot - 1 DFC- 5 Air Medal & 0ne Purple Heart---Uncle

1st Sgt Ann Barry, US Army Air Corp WAC World War Two --ETO --- Aunt

Sgt Willam M. Barry, USMC----Pacific World War Two--Father

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Yes and yes, but your ega's on the collar are mis-matched. Nice tunic-Kevin

I am eagerly collecting Pre-WWII USMC material. Any Marine Corps Span Am era, WWI, Banana Wars, or China Marine related material is especially sought after. Let me know if you have something you want to part with. 

I agree with Warguy. Nice coat and correct period EGAs but two different styles. Finding a nice matched set shouldn't be difficult. The style on the left is a little easier to find and a little less expensive. There is actually a set on eBay now for the other style ... https://www.ebay.com/itm/M1920-Clip-Wing-EGA-Dress-Collar-USMC-Marine-Corps/283847232844?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

a little high, bot not too crazy.

Quick question before it is suggested to replace any EGA's, it is possible the Marine wore to mismatched EGA's? It's not too uncommon to see some unorthodox insignia combinations during WW2, especially on Army and navy uniforms, USMC uniforms not as much, but has anyone else ever seen mismatched EGA's being worn? 

I am an amateur collector of US military items of the 20th century.

Looking for items related to:

-The Aleutian Island Campaign of WW2, Alaskan Theater, Alaska Defense Command, and more specifically the Battle of Attu

-Items related to the 50th Combat Engineer Regiment/Battalion

-Items related to Wheelus Air Force Base Libya, particularly from 1957-1960

-WW2 items belonging to service members from Northern Virginia

-WW2 Uniforms (all branches and services)

-Cheap/Throwaway WW2 named uniforms

-Smaller WW2 Groupings

-7th Infantry Division Items

-WW2 Photos and Letters (all branches, theaters, services, etc)

^^ PM ME!!

Instagram: @surplus_central https://instagram.com/surplus_central/

eBay: http://www.ebay.com/usr/giovachm

2 hours ago, huntssurplus said:

Quick question before it is suggested to replace any EGA's, it is possible the Marine wore to mismatched EGA's? It's not too uncommon to see some unorthodox insignia combinations during WW2, especially on Army and navy uniforms, USMC uniforms not as much, but has anyone else ever seen mismatched EGA's being worn? 

The Corps hasn't changed that much. A very senior Marine might get away with wearing something maybe from a different era. Officers and senior enlisted wear old insignia on dress uniforms. But mismatched would never fly, especially for a junior NCO.