just bought an M3 trench knife

bay.223

Let me know what you think! I'm pretty happy with it! I put some Pecard antique leather dressing on the handle (didn't darken it at all) thats some good stuff....

I'm not sure where the brown markings came from ?! they aren't there on the knife by eye....but they show up on camera so....I don't know...

I don't think I did too bad for $124.

Picture103-1.jpg

Picture105-1.jpg

Picture106-1.jpg

Picture101-1.jpg

Picture104-1.jpg

Picture102-1.jpg

Picture098-1.jpg

Picture099-1.jpg

Picture100-1.jpg

Greg Robinson

Looks like an honest piece to me. And if you're only going to buy one M3 it ought to be a blade marked since those are the hardest to find.....and in my opinion the nicest looking.

Very nice knife for a very nice price. Congrats. Now you need to go spend 500 bucks on a nice M6 scab to go with it. w00t.gif Just kidding of course.

Butch

thanks! Ive had a few in the past few years but traded or sold them....I finally found one I'm going to keep...

I think It's the best one i've came across for the money.....and I was shocked when I saw the handle when I first got it!

I just bought an M8 scabbard to go with it.....

so from what I understand this would be dated ~September-~November 1943?

thanks

Very nice knife for a very nice price. Congrats. Now you need to go spend 500 bucks on a nice M6 scab to go with it. w00t.gif Just kidding of course.

Butch

YEAH! thumbsup.gif right?

I can't believe they have gone up soooo much...but at least I can get away with getting an M8 scabbard for my knife...from what I understand my knife would have been issued with both M6s and M8s....

thanks! Ive had a few in the past few years but traded or sold them....I finally found one I'm going to keep...

I think It's the best one i've came across for the money.....and I was shocked when I saw the handle when I first got it!

I just bought an M8 scabbard to go with it.....

so from what I understand this would be dated ~September-~November 1943?

thanks

I am curious to see pictures of your M8 scabbard if you have them. I have found it a bit of a challenge to find M8 scabbards as opposed to what I am told are M8A1 scabbards built with left over M8 metal throats (there seem to many more of the latter floating around).

If a true M8 scabbard I understand it should not have a wire hanger and the strap fastener should be set quite close to the top of the belt loop.

Oh by the way, very nice M3 and a great price!

Tim

i'll post pics when It arrives...yeah no, hanger and shortened web..be careful, I've seen M8 (made from parts) that didn't have a hanger, but at a detailed look you'll see stitching where one used to be...so it really wasn't a true original M8....

thanks!

The brown patches shown on the pictures could be very thin corrosion spots that are not yet visible to the naked eye. I have observed the same phenomena when taking pictures of my bayonets.

very nice find and great price, the markings on the side of the blade are what these knives more collectable, beings that there was only so many made! bravo.gif