115th IR, 29th ID Silver Star help

36thIDAlex

Hey all, does anyone know how to go about researching a 29th ID Silver Star?

I’ve been doing some research on a local veteran but am having trouble figuring out how to go about finding his Silver Star Citation. Name was Captain William Buckner Kenney O-1299899 who served as CO of C then B Company of the 115th IR from DDay to the end of November. I know he earned two Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star or two, and one Silver Star, but have been unable to find why he got the Silver Star. I am hoping someone on here may have access to the 29th GOs or perhaps knows where I can go to figure it out.

Thanks much!

Alex

b1a8f6243d79e4d38d09f298efe2a3dd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Basic Rifleman

The Maryland State Archives has a ton of info stored on former members of the 115th. I only know this because I was recently able to retrieve a sizeable amount of documentation electronically on my Great Grandfathers service history (115th Co. C). He served from 1914 to the early 1930's, so I know their archive obviously dates back to the WWII docs you're looking for. They charge a very small fee, and will send you an email (or disc) with the information you're requesting. Let us know what you find, and let me know if I can be of any further assistance. 

Regards,

Tom