Ebay Marine lid

Costa

USMC-RECON0321
2 hours ago, The Rooster said:

.The seller took a gamble too. If the description does not match the item, then the buyer has a way out

This line here...

"Per information obtained from (Quest Masters Museum)  these markings identify helmet as WW II era."

Thats the buyers way out if it turns out not to be WW2.

The Seller took a gamble being so vague. And then implying its WW2.

Where are you seeing that in the original listing? His current re-listing of the helmet has a new description that you are quoting.    Here is the entire description used in the first auction: 

Military helmet WW II ? Estate Find not sure which military or time period

Appears to be original. Please view photos.

On Oct-29-20 at 15:42:40 PDT, seller added the following information:

Camo Helmet 

On Oct-30-20 at 11:36:33 PDT, seller added the following information:

Similar to this item? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-WWII-WW2-WORLD-WAR-TWO-US-ARMY-MILITARY-HELMET-LINER/233684003983?hash=item3668a6ec8f%3Ag%3A8eQAAOSwwH5fOq15&LH_ItemCondition=4

1 hour ago, manayunkman said:

Costa,

Would it be clear that the seller now knows what they have?

?????????? i do not think so but, this time around i do not think he will get it up to the 1000.00 mark.

47 minutes ago, USMC-RECON0321 said:

Where are you seeing that in the original listing? His current re-listing of the helmet has a new description that you are quoting.    Here is the entire description used in the first auction: 

Military helmet WW II ? Estate Find not sure which military or time period

Appears to be original. Please view photos.

On Oct-29-20 at 15:42:40 PDT, seller added the following information:

Camo Helmet 

On Oct-30-20 at 11:36:33 PDT, seller added the following information:

Similar to this item? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-WWII-WW2-WORLD-WAR-TWO-US-ARMY-MILITARY-HELMET-LINER/233684003983?hash=item3668a6ec8f%3Ag%3A8eQAAOSwwH5fOq15&LH_ItemCondition=4

it is a post ww2 reissue in my opinion.  the cover can tell the time period of the issuance by the stitching around the fingers. not a ww2 or kw cover i do think.

2 minutes ago, Costa said:

it is a post ww2 reissue in my opinion.  the cover can tell the time period of the issuance by the stitching around the fingers. not a ww2 or kw cover i do think.

this much i will say for sure--- IT IS AN ORIGINAL MARINE LID! thing is what exact period. no name--- i did not and never would remove an original tight fitting cover off any lid to see if there is a name on the outer pot.

USMC-RECON0321
21 minutes ago, Costa said:

Costa,  

I'm not arguing that point, I was replying to Rooster's comment that he was referring to the re-listed helmet description as a reason for return and not the original auction and listing description where the seller clearly stated he didn't know if it was a WWII set or not.  

I do agree it's a nice set, just not what we hoped it to be.  

10 minutes ago, USMC-RECON0321 said:

Costa,  

I'm not arguing that point, I was replying to Rooster's comment that he was referring to the re-listed helmet description as a reason for return and not the original auction and listing description where the seller clearly stated he didn't know if it was a WWII set or not.  

I do agree it's a nice set, just not what we hoped it to be.  

Good Point !