M.D.S. Brassard

cagedfalcon

This followed me home the other day.

Main Dressing Station drassard, appears to be unused due to no damage from the teeth on the buckle.

I've never seen one before, ill keep it with my growing First Aid / medic collection.

ef074ee81ba65b521841d14d97e7cbb9.jpgb1fc5b688025f71ed9fd98fb0cc97d95.jpgb06d6604edbc27d4db4954eb0d0f85fe.jpg9b51f2bcc4c19c7691c32f2357d6cc34.jpg2fba0980eb0ac6a3a1e5aafc7bc36f92.jpgcb5fc175dc9df81d9d4b2a8ef0c5b816.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

From History Press

Advanced Dressing Station (ADS)

These were set up and run as part of the Field Ambulances [FA’s] and would be sited about four hundred yards behind the RAP’s in ruined buildings, underground dug outs and bunkers, in fact anywhere that offered some protection from shellfire and air attack. The ADS did not have holding capacity and though better equipped than the RAP’s could still only provide limited medical care. Here the sick and wounded were further treated so that they could be returned to their units or, alternatively, were taken by horse drawn or motor transport to a Field Ambulance. The Main Dressing Station [MDS] roughly one mile further back did not at first have a surgical capacity but did carry a surgeon’s roll of instruments and sterilisers for life saving operations only.
In times of heavy fighting the ADS would be overwhelmed by the volume of casualties arriving and often wounded men had to lie in the open on stretchers until seen to.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk