Hello from Northern New England!

BANGMilitaria

BANGMilitaria

Hi everyone! 

I am 17 years old, and have been collecting for 10 years now. It's a pleasure to finally be part of the larger collecting community! 

My main focuses at the moment are ID'd WWII uniforms and other named items as well as ribbon bars and other insignia. I look forward to learning from you all!

Best wishes to you all.

Hi! Big welcome! Grand to meet another young collector! Would love to see photos of some of your collection! Do you like a particular branch of service? Only WWII or do you do Korea, etc. at all?

BANGMilitaria
38 minutes ago, stratasfan said:

Hi! Big welcome! Grand to meet another young collector! Would love to see photos of some of your collection! Do you like a particular branch of service? Only WWII or do you do Korea, etc. at all?

Thank you! I will post some when I can find the time. I deviate from the focus on WWII often, as I have some items from the Korea - Vietnam era. Many of them are from veterans I've interviewed over the past few years.

How super cool! When we were younger, a couple of B-17s flew into the small local airport, and we got to spend days talking to the vets flying it and the vets who came . . . I got a bunch of AAF vets to sign my "Flying Fortress" book! That was fun!

Hello and welcome.  As important and interesting as uniforms etc can be, collecting the stories and memories of the veterans is far more valuable, if not in the monetary sense.  As a history buff who just happens to collect things, I hope you can share some of your interviews here with us.

Mikie  

BANGMilitaria
8 hours ago, stratasfan said:

How super cool! When we were younger, a couple of B-17s flew into the small local airport, and we got to spend days talking to the vets flying it and the vets who came . . . I got a bunch of AAF vets to sign my "Flying Fortress" book! That was fun!

That's awesome! I've been luck enough to meet a handful of AAF vets myself. They were/are kind people with nearly incredible stories.

BANGMilitaria
1 hour ago, mikie said:

Hello and welcome.  As important and interesting as uniforms etc can be, collecting the stories and memories of the veterans is far more valuable, if not in the monetary sense.  As a history buff who just happens to collect things, I hope you can share some of your interviews here with us.

Mikie  

Thank you very much. "A history buff who happens to collect things" is a great way to describe my interest. I'll be glad to share some stories when I get the time to write some more!