Your early M1 Carbines

spagg

Here's my Winchester. Does not have acceptance stamps on stock; was told "it came right out of the factory" during the war. I believe it is 100% original.

IMG_0867.JPG

IMG_0872.JPG

IMG_0868.JPG

Charlie,

Great Inland; I have a blued II oiler but it's a little newer than yours.

As for mine, you are right that it's the one I posted over on Milsurps, along with the sling.  The original sling, oiler, and butt plate were corroded and I replaced them with the 43 dated sling and correct butt plate and oiler.  The original sling, oiler, and butt plate are in a section in my parts box so if I ever sell it, they will be available for the new owner.  Mine has the circle P on the bottom of the grip.  It also has an Ordnance flaming bomb on the flat of the barrel behind the gas piston, as well as a flaming bomb in front the trigger guard.

1 hour ago, Der Finn said:

Here's my Winchester

I have WRA 30,621 that I posted a few pictures of earlier in this topic. Instead of posting all the pictures and description, I'm putting a link below that has it all. I like to take before cleaning pictures while breaking down a new to me carbine to document the wear patterns. I believe you'll find this link useful to compare to yours. I love the 1st style spring tube receivers.... But they had some weak areas that were soon changed.

Thanks for sharing yours.

Here's the link:

https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=38393

Charlie-P777

7 minutes ago, thorin6 said:

As for mine,

thorin,

I recognized it. I still have your thread saved in my favorites, along with others. You gotta love early UEF's !

Your's is one of the nicest UEF in that early range I've seen. A true Honest carbine.

Oilers,

I was looking for a picture I have somewhere of the Prototype Oiler they planned to use with winged edges on top and bottom of the tube, thus the reason for the I cut oiler slot, but strayed off looking in to the change over on the IS oilers marked for the Primes , like your I-I, I-W etc being blued. Years back I had a un-opened box of blued I-W oilers. I was just looking for the date when International Silver lobbied Ordnance to just generically stamp all oilers with the circled IS to save time/steps. It took them 2 attempts/letters before their request was approved. The 2nd letter was sent out Jan 25, 1943. IS got the OK about April 1943. During changeover for a short period afterward they were found stamped circled IS but were still being blued/Dulite. Shortly after they stopped the bluing/dulite finish and started applying a Phosphate/Parked finish to them which saved them more time and labor cost. Many argue these are refinished post WWII, but not the case. Not to say many weren't re-parked post WWII.

Just sharing before I forget,

Charlie-P777

• 2 weeks later...
EmperorWangDong
On 11/3/2020 at 6:11 PM, painter777 said:

I'd love to own a empty Carbine crate !

Here is Inland 3,531 with 5-42 Barrel. A all original Carbine, not a Restoration. Want you all to see the Oiler, A first for me.

ACtC-3fOzl7diAhWPBco4JQOwa1-fYsGRnV--fzB

ACtC-3eX620KfoJYXQSXkIaEm2hEBuwrV1fjJUOS

ACtC-3d4mT3NWSflcGqLX-2c48-Muf9nm6IGBzOU

ACtC-3dkE4ZEvzR4INbH_vcTwOG1BimCJnAc3Loi

Anyone see a Ducks Foot in the Sling Well ?

ACtC-3diUQdzGPSVllafykrAjzUA6rmCrAoGirig

ACtC-3cghGBpa_F5nkR4IYiOuUST0OEl3hUKMUcT

ACtC-3cV66RyVKVeiKWUVP5YjIRPhRHdfbugm2im

ACtC-3cseJI7gvkZ6UEy357G_-sRatjw4YENAVaO

Also wanted to show the tip on the Op Slide Guide Rod, All other parts are very 1st type used.

ACtC-3eF3-Tcc1CABPtL59c2UYKZIoqha3G_Al9v

Charlie-P777

Charlie, after seeing that oiler, the "I" cut stock makes perfect sense now! Thanks for posting that.