Is This a Meyer Maker Mark? MYRGOLD

tigerfan

Yes , Absolutely! I have a Gold Flight Surgeon Double proofed Myrgold, and a set of Major's oak leaves

Thanks. I assumed it was but couldn't find any reference.

I am not 100% sure that this is indeed a NS Meyer made item. I think the hallmark Meyer Metal is one of their trademarks, but I recall hearing a friend talk about this hallmark on a wing and saying that it was another company. Maybe he'll post his information. But, then again, I could be wrong.

Still, a very nice early wing.

Patrick

I don't have documented proof on hand at the moment, I'll do some digging in my archives to see what I can find, but this looks very much like a Meyer mark to me. Especially with the fact that the outline of the Meyer shield is included in the box around the writing. Very nice wing!

I bought a pair of wings in this box about ten years ago. Its to bad the dealer put a tag on the back but what can you do. Anyhow, I think this will confirm the wing was made by N.S. Meyer. I also have a pair of early Officers Submarine Insignia (Dolphins) with the same hallmark.

John

post-589-1232689276.jpg

I am not 100% sure that this is indeed a NS Meyer made item. I think the hallmark Meyer Metal is one of their trademarks, but I recall hearing a friend talk about this hallmark on a wing and saying that it was another company. Maybe he'll post his information. But, then again, I could be wrong.

Still, a very nice early wing.

Patrick

Well, guess I was wrong and they are NS Meyer. Cool box!

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...
I bought a pair of wings in this box about ten years ago. Its to bad the dealer put a tag on the back but what can you do. Anyhow, I think this will confirm the wing was made by N.S. Meyer. I also have a pair of early Officers Submarine Insignia (Dolphins) with the same hallmark.

John

post-589-1232689276.jpg

John - any dates on the box? Additionally does anyone care to guess at the date? In looking at a 1930s Meyer catalog the logo is not mentioned although several others are.

BTW do you think a little steam just enough to loosen the glue could allow you to remove the sticker?

Thanks for the tip on how to remove the tag John. I used a heat gun my wife uses for scrap booking and it came right off. Unfortunately, there are no dates on the box. The front window is made of cellophane I believe. The wings that came in the box are hallmarked with the Meyer 22M halmark in a shield. Here is the front of the box. I have another Meyer box with a price tag dating 4/56. That box has a hard plastic cover instead of the cellophane.

post-589-1233721733.jpg

teufelhunde.ret
John - any dates on the box? Additionally does anyone care to guess at the date? In looking at a 1930s Meyer catalog the logo is not mentioned although several others are.

John, not quite sure this helps - the Meyers Metal logo on the box has been observed as hall marks on the back of EGA's dating to the mid 20's.... s/f Darrell

It is in the ballpark... I was wondering about the wing itself. I know the following trade-marks are at least from the 30's

Meyer Metal

Acid test

Rolled Gold

Shold R Form

Defender - nickel grade

Challenger - Chromium (extra Standard grade)

Conqueror - Deluxe soild nickel silver

The last 3 are realted to Sabers.