Unusual 30cal M1 stuff!

spagg

I found everything you see here at our local swap meet this morning. I personally have not seen these before but that said,  does not mean they are common or rare I just don't know.  I got the whole box for under $60.00.. The headstamp on  the casings date FA 35, bullet maybe the same time period? The M1 Carbine 15 rd mag is in super condition and is stamped U for Underwood. Let me know what you guys think of all this. 300 Bullets, 13 box of casings and 15 rd Magizine. All boxes are full.

Thanks,

Sal

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

7 minutes ago, spagg said:

The M1 Carbine 15 rd mag is in super condition and is stamped U for Underwood.

U is for Union Hardware a Misc supplier. If it were UU it would be for Underwood, UN would be Union for NPM, etc.

But it is worth 50%+ of what you just spent.

HTH,

Charlie-P777

18 minutes ago, painter777 said:

U is for Union Hardware a Misc supplier. If it were UU it would be for Underwood, UN would be Union for NPM, etc.

But it is worth 50%+ of what you just spent.

HTH,

Charlie-P777

Your right, my mistake!

Same company, It's just as production went on Ordnance allowed them to drop the Prime's initial to save time. Like how the oilers started out made by International Silver that were marked I-I for Inland, I-W for WRA etc. Ordnance dropped the regulations to just let them stamped IS on them. They could be traced if they were faulty.

Been looking around at the FA 35's, you did Very Well !

Good Weekend to You,

Ch-P777