Model USA H-D military holster

flyingfarmer

I did though find one identical except longer for a Colt Woodsman.  Same model # 122.  Looks like that was a commercial holster

Since these were used as training weapons (primarily by the Navy), there was no need for a holster.  The military manuals for these guns do not mention a holster. 

Charlie Flick

I am not aware of any USGI holster designed especially for use in WW2 with the High Standard USA Model H-D .22 pistol.  That is probably because they were considered to be training and marksmanship weapons for use at the range.  They were not considered combat weapons and, thus, not intended to be carried in the field on the belt or in a shoulder holster.

The USA Model H-D MS was a suppressed version of the pistol.  About 2600 of them were purchased during the War for use by the OSS, along with a few luminaries like Admiral Nimitz.  The integral suppressor gave the pistol a much longer barrel.  I have in my archives a photo of a flap holster that was intended for use with the USA Model H-D MS, but I suspect that the holster was a post-war creation.

The holster posted above by Digishots is, in my opinion, not USGI.  Because it is marked 6 1/2 B it was probably not intended for use with the 4.5" barreled USA Model H-D.  The absence of any military markings further suggests that its origin is civilian.

Regards,

Charlie

Thank you to one and all for the sharing of knowledge on here, I tremendously appreciate the help.

David

My High Standard Model B fits nicely in a WWII-era holster made for the S&W .38 SPL Victory revolver. Looks good too.