Are You Kidding?

SKIPH

Hey Gang! Just found this "WW2 US Navy Knife" on ebay. Item # 274547349829. It is a Camillus JPK, with a broken point, that was rounded off like a butter knife. Seller has a Buy Now price of $150. I don't know the seller. If someone could post it would be appreciated. Check this gem out!  SKIP

Pretty much standard on ebay.  Worn knife, no sheath, wrong nomenclature, mis-identified time frame, poor description, outlandish price.

Should be labeled as an Ultra Rare Medics Knife!!!   They made the tip of that like how the Skedco Medics Knives are for removing a patients clothes.

SkedMed.jpg

They clearly don’t know or regularly sell Militaria.

It’s like going to an antique store or flea market where Militaria is constantly miss ID’d and overpriced.

These same sellers also make mistakes in the opposite direction and that’s when you can get something for nothing

TheCrustyBosun

When I see something like this, I immediately look to see what else the person is selling. This is not a militaria dealer. In the first few items for sale, I see tech stuff, a car charger, and a matching bikini set. I’m not talking about Bikini Atoll either. I just shake my head and move on. Still, some “dealers” are guilty of pushing some ridiculous items for big money too. That’s why I also look at their negative feedback. I recently dealt with a “dealer” who purchased an item from me. I had to hound him for payment.  Zero response to repeated attempts at communicating over a period of two weeks led me to start a claim. That and sending a second invoice finally got his attention and spurred him to pay. I run across items he has listed from time to time that spark my interest, but ultimately move on once I see who the seller is. Gotta watch out on the “ole bay”. 

ps. It was Man the Line LLC aka luckyline1945  

When I see something like this, I immediately look to see what else the person is selling. This is not a militaria dealer. In the first few items for sale, I see tech stuff, a car charger, and a matching bikini set. I’m not talking about Bikini Atoll either. I just shake my head and move on. Still, some “dealers” are guilty of pushing some ridiculous items for big money too. That’s why I also look at their negative feedback. I recently dealt with a “dealer” who purchased an item from me. I had to hound him for payment.  Zero response to repeated attempts at communicating over a period of two weeks led me to start a claim. That and sending a second invoice finally got his attention and spurred him to pay. I run across items he has listed from time to time that spark my interest, but ultimately move on once I see who the seller is. Gotta watch out on the “ole bay”. 

ps. It was Man the Line LLC aka luckyline1945  

I have heard about a lot of problems with him before. Seems like an unreliable person to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s Chuch Yeagers knife that came out of his lunch pail, part of grouping of old half eaten moldy sandwiches and an empty jar of Skippy.

TheCrustyBosun
1 hour ago, manayunkman said:

It’s Chuch Yeagers knife that came out of his lunch pail, part of grouping of old half eaten moldy sandwiches and an empty jar of Skippy.

and a stick of Beeman’s. 🙄

Just stumbled on this one. It's a blade-dated PAL, ebay #402517491109.  The seller has a Buy Now price of $1395. This M3 has some issues, a piece of wire holding the pommel on(pins must be broken), point has been reground, finish is gone, handle is a little rough, and looks like blade was ground down a little. Seller has some other knives that cost seems fairly reasonable. I don't know the seller. If someone could post it would be appreciated. Almost forgot about the MK2 scabbard that the M3 is mated with. Lastly, and sadly, "No returns". SKIP

Seller notes: “THIS KNIFE AND SCABBARD DOES HAVE SOME ISSUES , ONES I CAN SEE AND KNOW ABOUT IS THE COMPRESSED LEATHER HANDLE HAS ONE LOOSE LEATHER RING CLOSEST TO THE CROSS GUARD AND THE CROSS GUARD IS ALSO LOOSE AND WAS TOLD MAYBE RING MISSING TOWARD TOP OF POMMEL TO BRING IT FLUSH WITH END OF KNIFE BUT NOT SURE IF THAT IS TRUE AND THE POMMEL LOOKS TO BE HELD IN PLACE BY WIRE THROUGH THE PIN HOLE. , THE TIP OF THE BLADE APPEARS TO BE A LITTLE ROUNDED . THE SCABBARD HAS SLIGHT CRACKING ALONG BOTTOM EDGE OF ONE SIDE AND MAY HAVE BEEN PAINTED AND MAY HAVE PAINT LOSS OR WEAR . ( ALL IS SHOWN IN PICTURES SO LOOK CLOSELY) I'M NOT SURE WHAT THE PINK IS IN SPOTS ON THE SCABBARD, MAYBE SOME KIND OF ADHESIVE.”

Bill, thanks for posting. It was nice of him to add the disclaimer on the condition, but how does he justify $1395? Another seller reaching for the clouds!  New collectors beware, study your hobby, and monitor pricing on ebay, and other sights.  SKIP 

Good observation Bill. That's different! Could find nothing in references, and at first thought it could be a stamp to check steel hardness. But, all the periods (dots) are the same size. Don't know, could be just some weird double stamp. ??????? You've got me.  SKIP

Isn't that the ultra rare special forces, raider, green beret, navy seal, slow kill fighting knife?  It's missing the unicorn skin scabbard and optional night vision scope but i think that the one.  

The PAL just popped up again at $795.95, new ebay item # 402531143893.  Still pretty high for what you're getting- a damaged M3.  Skip