WWII westy liner 79th ID taped NCO stripe?

phantomfixer

The rear of the liner has a taped stripe...assuming an NCO stripe?...looks to be medics tape or similar cloth tape

79th decal and the entire liner looks to have been shellacked(?)

any thoughts on wartime or post war use? 

IMG_4017.JPG

IMG_4025.JPG

IMG_4026.JPG

IMG_4027.JPG

Thanks Ken...the forum is pretty good about jumping on fakes or not correct, so I figured it was at least ok...good to know the tape thing was not unheard of

The liner is WW2 era with a modified sweat band.  The synch has been cut . I can't tell if the A washers are painted or not or the sweat band clips due to flash. The nape is a snap in and not adjustable and that makes it a taste older.  Decals are not associated with WW2 Army helmets, but are more common post war. Medical tape as a leadership stripe is common. The helmet is a post war sanded and painted front seam ss rim. The 79th decal being clear coated protected it from bad weather and this is a very old clear coat...maybe occupation?

The helmet most definitely is NOT a post war repainted helmet but a WW2 field repaint.

I disagree with the statement that the liner is most likely post war as well. Looks like a very decent WW2 era liner, lots of decals were issued and coated like that from 1943 onwards. 

Some of the comments on here unfortunately are pretty biased. Lots of decent helmets or liners being ridiculed out of ignorance or jealousy for lack of a better description. Had to be said. Lots of guys quick to judge someone else's stuff simply because it's not theirs. 

Thanks Ken...

The washers are not painted, and the sweat band has the adjustment buckle,  not pictured...I bought it with the sweat band positioned as such, but I think the seller did that to make it look complete, the missing section was stuck up in the webbing...so I do not know when it was damaged and re-positioned....

Thanks for the input all...My main concern was if the NCO stripe was legit as it was tape...so I appreciate the confirmation...