Philippine Insurrection tunic?

US Victory Museum

I would generally refer to this as a "pattern 1899 coat"; there are three specifications that cover the

1899-1901 period.  As I can see that the epaulets are not sewn down, this eliminates

Spec 467 1899-Jun-09 thru 1899-Aug-18 (NOT this one)

It therefore falls to one of the following:

Spec 471 1899-Aug-18 thru 1899-Dec-15

Spec 493 1899-Dec-15 thru 1901-Aug-23

Without physical possession of the coat, the measurements of the pockets' the depth and breadth

cannot be made.   The coat is certainly within the time frame of the Philippine War era; however,

this can be said of *ANY* coat conforming to these specifications.  Without any provenance to

a particular person who served there, I would not call it a Philippine War coat.   I would expect a coat

used in the tropics to have major sweat staining and associated "grunge". 

It's a decent specimen of a coat from this era (for the right price).   Any acceptance stamps within?

Your friend and fellow collector,

Msn

US Victory Museum

As the greatest value (cost) in acquiring this collection is in the campaign hat, it is imperative that

you request additional photos of the hat (to include the sweat band), the outer band, and close up

detailed views of either the snow flake pattern (1889), or the wire mesh vent (1899) hats that could

have been worn at this time.   Decent campaign hat reproductions have been sold for years, so

caution is advised.    The hat insignia looks like the 1903 gilt uniform dress type.  ;-(

More detailed answers to your questions was sent via PM.

US Victory Museum

Dear Joe:

*** PASS! ***

This is neither a 1889, nor 1899 campaign hat.   It looks like the typical WWI era "Montana peak" that has

been somewhat flattened.  This is a deal killer.   Please reconsider the alternate suggestion I made to you

in PM.

Your friend and fellow collector,

Msn