M3 Boyt shoulder holster

Tlowe95

Wondering what you guys think of this Boyt shoulder holster I recently found. No date on marking but I've seen the Boyt vary in markings unlike Enger Kress. Leather is above average what I usually see. Thanks! 

20201020_215137.jpg

20201020_215116.jpg

20201020_215059.jpg

20201020_215045.jpg

20201020_210834.jpg

20201020_210817.jpg

Did Boyt primarily supply to the Pacific theater given the USMC markings you see on them unlike Enger Kress's? Anyone know production numbers? 

Charlie Flick

That is a nice, legit WW2 made M3 holster.  

No, Boyt holsters were not restricted or intended for any theater in particular.  They were delivered to the military and it was up to the military on where they went from there.  

In my archives buried somewhere I have contract data on these holsters which is not necessarily the same as production numbers.   For example, the contract might call for 100,000 units but maybe only 80,000 were produced before the contract was cancelled, superseded or amended.

Regards,

Charlie

3 hours ago, Charlie Flick said:

That is a nice, legit WW2 made M3 holster.  

No, Boyt holsters were not restricted or intended for any theater in particular.  They were delivered to the military and it was up to the military on where they went from there.  

In my archives buried somewhere I have contract data on these holsters which is not necessarily the same as production numbers.   For example, the contract might call for 100,000 units but maybe only 80,000 were produced before the contract was cancelled, superseded or amended.

Regards,

Charlie

Thanks for the good information Charlie! I've only seen varying markings on Boyt's, not Enger Kress and I've personally never seen Sears holsters to compare.