Stolen MG-42 from Overlooked Antiques, Leavenworth, KS

gwb123

From the local club in Kansas City:

KCMCC members:  

Club member and owner of Overlooked Antiques in Leavenworth, Jason Claire, who also runs the fall Leavenworth Military show, was robbed  recently.  As decoration in a large display window he had a WW II de-milled German MG-42 machinegun.  It had been there since he opened the shop about 10 years ago.  The window was smashed and the gun and a WW II non-decaled German steel helmet were stolen.  

Club members are alerted to be on the lookout as you go to shows, sales, etc.  The helmet would be hard to ID, but not many MG 42s are generally for sale.  

John Reichley, president 

That's really unfortunate, have been numerous times, and Jason is a good guy. I live some what in the area and will keep my eyes peeled, if by chance someone does stumble on it, who do we contact? I live on the Missouri side, not sure a local cop would do much, but I am not sure how jurisdictions work from state to state.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

I hate to hear that that happened to Jason. Fingers crossed it finds its way back home and they bag the a-hole that stole it. 

15 hours ago, Gerradtgrant said:

That's really unfortunate, have been numerous times, and Jason is a good guy. I live some what in the area and will keep my eyes peeled, if by chance someone does stumble on it, who do we contact? I live on the Missouri side, not sure a local cop would do much, but I am not sure how jurisdictions work from state to state.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Just give the Leavenworth, Kansas PD a call.  They would have taken the original report and would be working the case.

I suspect it will go straight into someone's closet.  I assume Jason would have some kind of identifying informations, serial number, etc.  Someone would be crazy to put something that easily identified out at a show, but then again sensible people do not break into stores.

• 1 month later...

That's really terrible! I've known Jason and his family for over a decade now and they run a great business and website. I live nearby and I'm sorry to say I didn't know about this. I'll definitely keep my eyes and ears perked up for tips on catching the jerks that did this. 

I saw the broken, patched up window a few weeks ago at Jason’s shop and wondered what happened. This explains it. I hope the dirtball perp tries to sell it locally, that‘ll make him easier to catch.