Not your normal ACH and cover.

MAJAVI

Hey guys! Just wanted to show you my latest addition to the collection. It may look like a standard ACH with UCP Delta cover but it is a very special set. 

4968C5D7-0B69-4F0D-A8FC-D9F7B79FFA9E.jpeg

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Even stranger than an XXL with no NSN is that a UCP-D cover was made for it, although seemingly not sent to the military.

Thanks! The cover is unissued which makes sense since this helmet size is very rare. Very happy to have this unusual set.

I've seen 2x sized ACH helmets before. If I recall there was one on ebay awhile back.

Never seen *any* covers made in 2x though

Also I've been searching for one of the UCP-Delta covers for about a decade, with no luck LOL

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

cover is not only unissued but also has the "contract number" blacked out, my understanding is as part of the contract a company signs with the DLA they are not allowed to sell items to the public with a valid number. So that suggests this cover went straight from the MFG to the public without ever going through the military. 

3 hours ago, saxecoburg said:

I've seen 2x sized ACH helmets before. If I recall there was one on ebay awhile back.

Never seen *any* covers made in 2x though

Also I've been searching for one of the UCP-Delta covers for about a decade, with no luck LOL

I’ve been fortunate to find 4 covers total. 1 x S/M 2 x L/XL and this XXL. Have not seen another one, in any size, for a few years now. 

5 minutes ago, MAJAVI said:

I’ve been fortunate to find 4 covers total. 1 x S/M 2 x L/XL and this XXL. Have not seen another one, in any size, for a few years now. 

Saw an ACH in an antique shop (I know, it's not THAT old) in August with a UCP-D cover and a subdued LTC leaf sewn on the front. Price was sky high (like $500 I think) so I walked away.