5 different DUI - German made?

Proud Kraut

I received these 5 DUI last week. Not my field of expertise but I was able to ID them with my ASMIC motto and charge list. As far as I remember the 4 DUI with these specific pins are German made. Is this correct? Is the DUI top row far left German made as well? Thanks in advance!

DUI_1.jpg

DUI2.jpg

I agree that they are likely all German made but I believe that the 271st Field Artillery (give it a go) DI is fake. There are a couple versions that I have seen and I even have one and all of the ones I have seen are Japanese made and screw back. I remember seeing in an old trading post article that there were known reproductions of this DI that had a "deep blue" color to the sea around the island. The real examples are a light blue almost grey. With that information I would double check to make sure none of the others are units that served in the pacific and might have had their units restruck for collectors in Germany. 

(Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on that pin)

Three of them definitely look German made. The “give it a go” looks like a regular German made crest from the 1950’s/60’s. I recently saw an Asian made one that was pin back, so there are different variants. But the 2 crests on the top right look Japanese made to me. The flat head of the “tack” pins have more of a bulge. The Germans ones are flatter.

I agree that it is a regular 60/70's era German made crest which makes me even more sure it is 100% fake. I looked up the units history and it was deactivated in 1949, most likely in Japan as it was part of the 1st Cavalry. I could not find that it was ever in Germany or existed in the 60-70's to have a DI made for them. I have heard that German firms made DI for collectors and I would bet this is one of them which would explain why there is a German made DI of the era. I am sticking with the Trading post and saying that this one is the fake they described and should not exist. 

Thank you all for your input! No big loss if they are fakes, I got them nearly for free. Here´s a close-up of the 271 FA Bn DUI.

DUI03.jpg

DUI04.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 10/18/2020 at 3:48 PM, Proud Kraut said:

I received these 5 DUI last week. Not my field of expertise but I was able to ID them with my ASMIC motto and charge list. As far as I remember the 4 DUI with these specific pins are German made. Is this correct? Is the DUI top row far left German made as well? Thanks in advance!

DUI_1.jpg

DUI2.jpg

I believe it to be a fake as well if you notice the arrow looking thing on the back end of the island they make it to look like a tree where on the original ones it's actually part of the island and the same color as the island it's also missing the fluted portions or the vertical ribs within the area between the crest and the bottom of the shield if you look at ones online they all have lines in there I was almost conned into buying the exact same looking one on eBay and I chose not to because it didn't look right.