WW2 29th Infantry Division - 2nd Armored Division

kgondeu

hello. new at this forum.

I'm collector of, basically, panzer uniforms. lately I've been looking for tunics from armored allied. recently I found a nice uniform from a NCO that came in on D-Day as infantry man and then, later attached to 2nd Armored. my question concerns to CIB. this tunic features holes that seem to match the pins of a combat infantry badge. I made some research and realized that ONLY infantry soldiers were awarded with this badge. my question is simple. if he earned the badge during his service at infantry, was he authorized to sport the badge after he was transferred to a tank unit or regulations didn't permit this?

note that collar disc is for armored unit not for infantry in an armored division ... anyway I'm new to ww2 US uniforms.

any feedback is welcome. advanced thanks for your cooperation.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

Yes, he would have been authorized to wear the CIB still. He could likely have still been considered infantry, even with the different collar brass.

10 hours ago, Longbranch said:

He could likely have still been considered infantry, even with the different collar brass.

thanks for your answer.

what do you mean? even the collar disc with tank insignia he could be on duty in an infantry unit part of the 2ndAD? I thought that collar insignia should be the crossed rifles mixed with 2ndAD patch ...

let's speculate, if an infantry man from the 29thID (CIB awarded) for any reason is transferred to the 2ndAD and there, he is a tank dirver or gunner, is he allowed to wear the CIB on his uniform?