• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Need Help to Identify this WW2 Pin

Hi members,

I joined this site because I am doing research on the WWII items I have been finding in my Dad's estate. I am going to be selling the items he received while in service and would like to know what they are before I sell them.  I have been on ebay and other websites and have identified all the pins, but this last one stumps me ( I  have a front and back photo of it.) I don't see any stamps on it so I don't know what medal it is made of, and where on the uniform he would have worn it.  Would anyone happen to know what it is? I've included a list of where he was stationed to help figure where he would have received the pin. He finished his service as a Captain and did not see any oversees assignments.

1-Company “C” 16th Batallion- Fort Knox Kentucky

2- 702 Tank Destroyer Batallion (TD Bn) - Fort Benning Georgia (2nd Armored Div)

3-Aviation Cadet - Scott Field

4- Lt. Michael Stefanik HQ CO 82nd RCN 13th - Fort Benning Georgia 

5- Boca Raton Florida – Radar Officer

6-Olmstead Field, Middletown, PA

7-LaGuardia Air Service Command, La Guardia Field NY

8-1378th AAF B.U, North Atlantic Wing, Air Transport Command, La Guardia Field, Fort Totten NY

Thank you very much in advance.

LizPurr

IMG_8973 (800x541).jpg

IMG_8974 (800x576).jpg

This does not appear to be any sort of military insignia.

It appears to be a patriotic emblem or perhaps a "sweetheart" pin.

It is possible that it pre-dates WWII.  It resembles some veterans pins, reunion pins and unofficial ribbons/medals from as far back as the Civil War.

In short, your Dad would not have worn this on his uniform at all.

I hope this helps.

Steve

Collecting 3rd Armored Division items of all kinds from all eras, specializing in the 36th Armored Infantry Regiment.

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for responding.  Yes it could be a Sweetheart Pin, but I wonder also if it could be a pin from my Dad's father who was Czechoslovakian?   He may have been in service in Czechoslovakia and perhaps passed it on to Dad.  I say that because I googled Slovak badges last night, and, although I didn't find this exact pin, the images of the birds that I did find were quite similar in terms of the feathering. the stance and the upward V shape of the wings.  Would you happen to know also, the best way to clean the pin to brighten it up?  I'll probably keep this one. Thank you again.

Hello LizPurr & welcome to the USMF!

I think Steve has already answered your question. Beyond that I´m moving your topic to the "Unknown, Can You ID?" section where it will catch some more attention.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif