USMC Para Striker Theater-Made

Brig

USMC Quarter Master recently had this on eBay...what can you guys tell me about it? I was hoping some of our Paramarine collectors would have a few in their collection and know a thing or two about such.

All the strikers in my collection are embroidered but the backing isn't like that

DSC01667.JPG

DSC01668.JPG

Hey Brig,

Nothing wrong with that one. Looks like a nice early war example with green bobbin thread reverse and cheesecloth backing. I imagine it went for a pretty penny. Did you follow it until the end of auction?

BTW - Unlike early war Army patches, any WWII USMC SSI, striker, flash, etc. is considered very scarce with this green bobbin thread reverse. Here is another "green back" I thought you'd appreciate. The early war, unauthorized 2nd Marine Division, embroidered on twill.

Semper fi,

Gary

post-84-1173764917.jpg

post-84-1173764930.jpg

actually, I won it on auction, 30 bucks. the reserve. the thing about his auctions is for some reason they get very few viewers...only 16, and probably 7 or 8 views were me

actually, I won it on auction, 30 bucks. the reserve. the thing about his auctions is for some reason they get very few viewers...only 16, and probably 7 or 8 views were me

Well, can't complain about the price, that's for sure. It really is a nice early one!

Gary