WWI + WWII Patches - 4th Infantry + 1st Army + 101st Airborne - to authenticate

linasl

Hello Everyone.  I have an opportunity to buy several WWI and WWII patches at auction. I though do not know if they are original and the auction house will not authenticate.

Please take a look at the photos.  Anyone with expertise can please help me out.

The first one is for the 4th Infantry Division.  Here is what the auction says:

US WWI AEF Army 4th Infantry Division Shoulder Patch. Measures 2 3/4" in diameter. The front shows the army 4th Division emblem with a 3rd Army ‘A’ letter in the center mounted onto an OD green wool backing. Six piece hand sewn wool construction. This was to have been worn on the upper left sleeve of the uniform. Does not fluoresce.

The second one is for the First Army.  This is what the auction says:

WWI US AEF Army 1st Army P I Shoulder Patch. Measures 3 3/8” wide by 4 1/2” tall. The front shows an ‘A’ in the center of an OD green wool backing. The letters ‘P I’ are hand embroidered at the base. Two piece machine and hand sewn construction. This was to have been worn on the upper left sleeve of the uniform. Does not fluoresce.

Other Question: what would the 'P I' stand for?

The third one is for the 101st Airborne.  This is what the auction says:

US army 101st paratrooper airborne screaming eagle patch measuring 3 3/4 inches tall by 3 inches wide. Features raised gold bullion wire machine embroidered. Unauthenticated, sold as is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.  Linas

4th a.jpg

4th b.jpg

1st Army a.jpg

1st Army b.jpg

101st a.jpg

101st b.jpg