"The Liberator"-Netflix Adaptations of Alex Kershaw's Book.

huntssurplus

This trailer just dropped today,

I've heard good things about the book, but haven't read it. Maybe I'll pick up a copy. Honestly not sure how good this new miniseries looks. I don't think I'm too much of a fan of the animation over live action thing, and it kind of looks like they used the animation as sort of an excuse to cover up a low budget WW2 film from the early 90's/early 2000's. I guess you can't judge anything before you see it though. 

• 1 month later...

I just watched the first 2 episodes. It certainly has a comic book look but I think it’s kind of unique. I have not read the book. I’ll have to add it to my reading list. My wife and I watched together and we both think it was pretty good. We’ll finish the watching the series. I think there are 4 or 5 episodes and they’re only about 45 minutes each. 

Regards,

Frank

BILL THE PATCH

I've watched the whole thing, I was very impressed. Great story and true from what I'm understanding. I love the animated look.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

I saw the first episode and plan to continue watching the rest, but thought it was good but not great. I found the animation to be distracting, but probably I'm just not used to it in this type of setting. I thought the people were done well (combination of animation and real life I believe), but the background, vehicles, etc.. was too much like a cartoon.

I just finished watching the series and I liked it.  A few of the scenes I thought were over the top but overall it was very well done.  I was impressed with the level of detail that went into this.  They got a few things wrong here and there but you could tell they did their homework.

Rob

I wish they had done a better job with the whole Dachau thing, it almost seemed like they were the only squad there. There were many units approaching the camp at the same time, it was busy to say the least. I guess they tried to keep it simple..

My wife thinks that the animation is "creepy" but I find the story compelling.  I don't think there is much emphasis on accuracy and it is bit like a comic book.  Also I don't believe that people in the 1940's talked that way; the values reflected seem more like today. Nevertheless, I'm enjoying it and plan to watch the whole thing.