Question on USMC WWII era ribbons

suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader

My questions are about the Navy Presidential Unit Citation and the Navy Unit Citation Ribbons.   Was the Navy Unit Commendation (the green, red, yellow, blue ribbon authorized and awarded in WWII era?). if so were the ones that slide on the end of a 3 or 4 place pin back bar right for end of WWII?

What was prevalent practice to wear them at end of WWII    -   to include these on the rack with other ribbons or to the right side of jacket all by themselves?

Also I need the two proper ones for a 21st Marine WIA jacket I'm restoring to keep.

Thanks in advance Richard

As a rule ribbon only awards stay on the rack when worn with all other ribbons but when medals are worn on the left side the ribbon only awards are on right side. i might also add that if you are looking for those ribbons I have them contact me in PM

Richard,

Members of the Naval Services wear the ribbons you’re talking about on the left side of the uniform, along with their other ribbons.   Joe is correct that awards that are ribbons only are moved to the right side when wearing full size medals.  Yes the Navy Unit Commendation was awarded in WWII.  One of the hardest parts of restoring a uniform is getting ribbons to match.  I think that’s why collectors like the 1/2 inch Wolf-Brown ribbons for their presentations. 

Bruce

suwanneetrader

I'm hoping to find the two examples that would be old enough to have been put on the jacket at the end of WWII  Richard

suwanneetrader

I have all his ribbons except those two.  I have a pin back 1/2 inch 3 place bar with his PH already on it so I need the two I asked about in the Forum Post to slide on the bar with the PH.  I did not know that the blue-red-yellow & green ribbon was designed and authorized during WWII I thought it was later. I need the 1/2 " Navy Presidential Unit Citation and the Navy Unit Commendation ribbons  that will not slide on my 3 place bar.  Also  both must be USMC 1/2 inch not Army 3/8 inch   I'm leaving for dinner at my daughters, be back in about 3 hours   If you have them any help appreciated I can PP you.  Richard

suwanneetrader

Mod  I'm sorry the above should have been in a PM   Please remove.  I was in a hurry to go to the daughters and messed up  Richard