802nd Tank Destroyer Patch on Ebay

HOF

BILL THE PATCH

I was comparing this one to others, I thought it was a good one based on the skull, and lightning [emoji298], I was going back and forth looking them over. A fake one has a elongated skull, and a bigger space between lighting bolt and horn. If I'm reading it correctly off the web site. Somebody else might chime in

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Himg481.jpgHere is a comparison good one on the right bad one on the left.Looks Faded but real to me.In Dave Kaufmans Article on Insigne.org the fakes of the 802nd the lightning bolt where it enters the skull sits right next to the horn,the tongue does not have the right pointed looking tip, and the skull on the fake looks longer more elongated than the real one.As I said looks real to me.Scotty

img482.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hellcat_0413,
That is the prettiest 802nd Tank Destroyer patch that I ever saw! Most have moth nips. Thanks for sharing!

Scotty,
Thanks for your reply. Because of your response, I bid, but came in second place. Oh well!

1 hour ago, HOF said:

hellcat_0413,
That is the prettiest 802nd Tank Destroyer patch that I ever saw! Most have moth nips. Thanks for sharing!

Scotty,
Thanks for your reply. Because of your response, I bid, but came in second place. Oh well!

HOF,

I appreciate the kind words, this one is attributed and came with some photographs from the vet. 

The one that you had originally posted went for a bargain, they usually go for $600+ 

-Colby

Your example is beautiful. The price this last one sold on ebay was in the ballpark and what i have seen as the base price for the patch over the years.